Estate planning is not only about having a plan in place to deal with what happens after a client’s death, it is also about having a plan in place to deal with what happens if a client becomes mentally incapacitated. In this issue you will learn:
• What happens without an incapacity plan.
• The essential documents for managing finances during incapacity.
• The essential documents for making health care decisions during incapacity.
• How to choose the right person for managing finances and making health care decisions during incapacity.
• The importance of keeping an incapacity plan up to date.
If you have any questions about incapacity planning or have a client who needs to make or update their incapacity documents, please call our office now.